Wednesday, December 19, 2012

People @ Penang

 Date: 27/11/2012-1/12/2012
City: Penang, Malaysia

I had a really good time in Penang (though the weather in the afternoon was so hot!). One of the reason was certainly its people. People are the soul of a city and it distinguished and characterized a city. All, (yes, all) the people I have met in Penang were so very friendly and helpful. Their hospitality was so warm and welcoming and they simply made my experience over there an awesome one.

Story 1: I had my supper late at night one day, at around 10pm. Having Curry Mee alone in the food counter on Lebuh Chulia nearby my hostel, a local just chatted with me regarding Penang. She was just off from work and having her supper before getting back home. She had indeed finished her supper for sometime but waited and left only until I had finished my mee!! Though it wasn't a long time but it was late at night and she had to work the next day. And there were more. I then brought my juice in the counter next door after finishing my mee, planning to take away back to my hostel. At the time the juice was ready, it started raining VERY HEAVILY and of cause I had no umbrella!! I was therefore trapped in the juice counter with my bag of juice. The counter owner was so nice that she sent her staff to walk me back to my hostel with an umbrella!! There was way beyond my expectation!! They were so nice and friendly that I had never imagined or experienced.

Story 2: I chatted with the hostel staff and asked about the bus for my early flight back to Hong Kong, and he offered to drive me to the airport!! Though he didn't do that eventually since he indeed need to work in the morning that day, I was already very amazed!! I had never thought that they would even say so. Simply hearing that makes me feel very impressed.

There were indeed more story alike. They were so friendly in sharing and I would always bear their smiles in my mind. They seriously made my trip an awesome awesome one.

#GeorgeTown, #penang, #penangtravel, #travel, , #travelblog

No comments: