Sunday, December 2, 2012

George Town to Penang Airport @ Penang

Date: 1/12/2012
City: Penang, Malaysia
Route: Day 5, CX flight from Penang to Hong Kong

Since I was taking the flight at 0750 back to Hong Kong (which was early in the morning), I had been very worry about how to get to the Airport from Day 1. After asking around, I could take Bus No 401 or 401E in Komtar Terminal or Weld Quay Terminal to the Airport. The bus get off from Weld Quay and the second stop is Komtar. There is no other station in between.

The locals advised that the bus ride would take at least an hour, so I'd better take the bus at 0530, which was the first bus of the day. There is a bus every 20 min. So my plan is to get up at 0450 and get to the station at around 0520 for the 0530 bus (it should take around 10-15 min walk from my hostel to Weld Quay Terminal).

That, however, was only a plan, since when I was awake it was already 0535!!! Oh my gosh!! I immediately got change and rushed out to the Terminal. Don't even have time to wash my face/ brush my teeth... It was around 0550 when I got to the Terminal. I was so worry when I was waiting for the bus and had been kept asking the bus drivers at the Terminal whether I could make it to the Airport before 7am (There were lots of drivers in the Terminal since many routes start at Weld Quay). The drivers were so nice and helpful. They told me the ride was around 40 min and it was!! I was so grateful. I got on the bus at 0610 and arrived the Airport at 0650!! Since it was early in the morning, the sky was still dark and there was no traffic at all and just a few passengers throughout the ride.

I still had time to wash up after checking-in and enjoy the sunrise @ Penang Airport. Que bien!!

PS. 40 min bus ride to Airport should only valid for early morning in weekends. I heard from the locals that the traffic jam starts at 0630 and the ride would usually take much longer.

#travel, #travelblog, #penang, #George Town, #penangbus, #penang airport, #sunrise

No comments: