Saturday, December 15, 2012

Laksa @ Penang

Date: 28/11/2012
City : Penang, Malaysia
Route: Day 2, wandering around George Town



Penang has its reputation of having the best hawker food in the world and being a food lovers' paradise and it is!! Assam laksa is another must-eat in Penang . It would be an incomplete visit without trying a bowl of it . It is thick vermicelli in a bowl of thick fish broth, with some chopped onion, mint leaves, ginger flower bud, lettuce, cucumber and prawn paste (that's what I noticed at least) . The laska is not spicy at all and has a distinctive prawn flavour. I guess you would either like it or hate it . For me, I am just loving it !! Love its rich flavour with the freshness of the vegetables.

I had one when I walked pass a very crowded shop in Lebuh Keng Kwee and only learned after that it was a very famous shop .  It's only a few minutes walk from Komtar , and it's closer to get into Lebuh Keng Kwee from Jalan Penang . A bowl costed RM3.5 and it's so tasty. I guess it's always good to try the food with crowds queuing for it :)




#GeorgeTown, #laksa, #penanglaksa, #penang, #penangtravel, #penangfood, #travel, #travelblog




No comments: